Participants for this course are required to purchase one of the following texts, depending on their panel:
- Talk About Assessment (Elementary or Secondary)
- Assessment, evaluation, and reporting (AER) form a repeated cycle in education. Each phase in the cycle has a different purpose and audience
- The purposes of AER have changed over time, reflecting changes in societal expectations of schools, as well as evolution in learning and measurement theories
- The purposes of AER determine what assessment practices are considered appropriate and effective
- In education, effective AER practices must take into consideration the application of accurate/defensible learning measurement principles and also their impact on the whole child, particularly their influence on the child’s learning
This course is open to all elementary and secondary teachers who have a basic qualification in general studies or technological studies.