Staff Officer - Bargaining and Contract Services
||APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
|September 1, 2018
||June 19, 2018
||Bargaining and Contract Services
The Ontario English Catholic Teachers' Association, representing 45,000 teachers in Ontario's publicly funded Catholic schools, invites applications for the position of Staff Officer assigned to the provincial office. Initial placement will be in the Bargaining and Contract Services Department. Duties to be assigned by the General Secretary commencing on or about September 1, 2018.
The Collective Bargaining Department duties include responsibility for providing a range of labour relations services to members, including the following:
- working with local bargaining units in all matters related to collective bargaining;
- assisting local bargaining units and the Association in the implementation of collective
- agreements and provincial understandings;
- research and analysis of current education, labour and related issues;
- advocacy with government and other education and labour organizations;
- training and development of resource materials to meet the collective bargaining objectives of the Association;
- administration support to provincial Association committees;
- other duties as assigned by the general secretary.
include an Ontario Teacher's Certificate or an Ontario College of Teachers' Certificate of Qualification and five years teaching experience. The following areas will be considered an asset:
- related Association/union experience;
- relevant training, education and experience in the areas of collective agreement negotiation, including knowledge of relevant legislation;
- excellent communication, organizational and administrative skills and computer literacy;
- extensive voluntary and/or elected service in teacher organization work including collective agreement negotiation and administration;
- experience in problem-solving and conflict resolution with individuals and groups.
For those applicants granted an interview, the Association intends to hold such interviews in Toronto on July 18, 2018.
Catholic Teachers is an equal opportunity employer.
Submitting Your Application
Qualified candidates are required to submit a résumé to:
Liz Stuart, President
Download Full Description
Ontario English Catholic Teachers’ Association
65 St. Clair Avenue East,
Toronto, ON M4T 2Y8