We’re committed to providing professional learning for teachers, by teachers through our PD Network program. Currently we are seeking teachers (must also be OECTA members) who are interested in writing and delivering PD workshops in the following areas:
- Incorporating Indigenous Ways of Knowing in Classroom Instruction
- Engaging and Innovative Math Instruction – Elementary and/or Secondary
- Technology in the Classroom 101
- Deep Integration of Technology in Teaching - Elementary and/or Secondary
- Differentiating Assessment for the Modern Classroom - Elementary and/or Secondary
- Understanding How to Assess Religious Education – Elementary
- Planning for the Special Education Classroom
- Teaching Combined Grades – Elementary
- Assessment Strategies in the Modern Classroom – Elementary and/or Secondary
- What does Inquiry Look Like in the Kindergarten/Primary/Junior/Intermediate/Secondary Classroom?
- Wellness for the Modern Day Teacher
- Bringing the French Culture to Life through Language
- Coding in the Classroom 101
- Classroom Management
- Learning through Film and Media 101
- First Year Survival
- Incorporating Physical Activity in the Everyday Classroom
- What Does Outdoor Education Look Like?
- Meeting the Needs of the English Language Learner
Our PD Network workshop presenters come from all areas of teaching: elementary, secondary, occasional, Special Education etc. and can offer workshops in a wide variety of areas. Presenters receive an honorarium, and are provided release time and travel expenses for their time.
If you are interested in writing and presenting as part of OECTA’s PD Network, please submit your resume, a workshop outline (half-day version and full day version), as well as a letter explaining why you are suitable for this position (to include the names of two OECTA member references) by June 20, 2017 to email@example.com.
If selected, attendance of an online training session will be mandatory before delivery of any workshops in the field.