The Association runs three awards programs, which recognize the contributions and achievements of individuals or groups connected to the Association or Catholic education.
Presented at the Annual General Meeting, these awards honour individuals who have served the Association with distinction and/or who have made outstanding contributions to the Association or to Catholic education. The awards include:
- The Life Membership Award
- Honorary Membership Award
- The Marion Tyrrell Memorial Award for Merit
- The Pearse Shannon Memorial Association Service Award
- The Fintan Kilbride Memorial Social Justice Recognition Award
- 25-Year AGM Service Award
Nomination forms are available by emailing email@example.com and must be submitted no later than October 15 of each year, for recognition the following March.
The Communications Awards
This award program celebrates achievement among OECTA units for their communication projects, websites, and publications. Awards categories include:
- Web Design
- Public/Media Relations
- Catholic Connection
- Most Improved Website or Publication
- Best Practices in Member Communications
- Best Practices in Public Relations
- Outstanding Achievement in Member Engagement
- Outstanding Achievement in the Promotion of Catholic teachers and the Value of Catholic Education
Information and entry forms for Communications Awards are distributed to units in January, for submission by April 30. Awards are distributed at the June meeting of the Council of Presidents.
The Young Authors Awards
We are proud to sponsor the annual Young Authors Awards/Prix Jeunes Écrivains. The awards celebrate the writing talents and accomplishments of students, who submit short stories, poems, nonfiction articles, and reports in either English or French.
Information about Young Authors Awards procedures are distributed to Association representatives in schools early in the school year. Award winners are announced at the June meeting of the Council of Presidents.