Member Engagement Awards
The communications and activities of local OECTA units are integral to the engagement of members within the Association. The Member Engagement Awards program honours achievement among OECTA units for their unique and innovative approach in engaging members, creating inclusive spaces, and celebrating our amazing Catholic teachers.
There are three award categories:
Best Practices in Member Engagement
This category recognizes the new and effective ways that units engage with their membership.
**NEW** Innovation in Engaging Equity-Deserving Members
This category recognizes initiatives to engage equity-deserving members, create inclusive spaces, and enhance knowledge and understanding of all members.
Outstanding Promotion of Catholic Teachers and the Value of Catholic Education
This category recognizes the different ways that units are working to help spread the good news about our Catholic education system and/or our amazing Catholic teachers.
Activities must have taken place between AGM of the previous year (March 14, 2022) and of the current year (March 13, 2023).
- Complete a separate online submission form for each entry.
- Choose the category that most closely fits your entry. The Member Engagement Committee members will make the final decision on an entry’s category.
- Include all relevant information in your submission and attach any additional documents to be reviewed.
- Complete the online form by April 17, 2023.
- Name of the activity or initiative.
- Brief description, including your objective for the activity/initiative.
- Name of the person(s)/committee who were responsible for the initiative.
- What goals were set and were they met?
- Why do you believe the activity/initiative was a success?
- What did members say, or how did they feel, about the activity/initiative?
All entries will be judged by the members of the provincial Member Engagement Committee, based on their innovation, creativity, level of engagement garnered, and other results outlined in the application. Awards will be presented at the June Council of Presidents’ meeting.